Phishing is the fraudulent attempt to obtain sensitive information such as usernames and passwords, often for malicious reasons, by disguising oneself as a trustworthy entity in an electronic communication like email.
Phishing is typically carried out by email or using links from social websites or direct messaging. These links direct users to enter personal information at a fake website, the look and feel of which are identical to the legitimate site, the only difference being the URL of the website in concern.
So the risk is for example that people may send you an email that looks exactly like a Bullex email, and link you to a fake site that looks exactly like Bullex.eu. Once you have entered your login details at the fake site, the attacker may use your login credentails to login to the real Bullex website and try to withdraw funds from your Bullex account.
We strongly urge our clients to be extremely vigilant and practice good habits to guard against being attacked by phishing scams. Listed below are important tips to adhere to that can help protect you from phishing scams:
- Never click on links that appear as Bullex.eu. Always navigate to Bullex by manually typing www.bullex.eu in your browser's address bar.
- Double check that you are entering your login credentials specifically on www.Bullex.eu and not on any other look alike website. You can do so by checking whether the URL of the webpage starts with https://www.bullex.eu or with https://bullexsupport.bullex.eu.
- We strongly recommend that you enable Two-factor authentication. Even when a phishing attacker manages to steal your login credentials, they will still require access to your mobile phone as well before they can login to your Bullex account.
- Never share your password with anyone, nor give out any other information about your account. Bullex will never ask you for your password by phone and/ or via chat or other social media, so never share your password with anyone who asks.
- Bullex will never ask you to download remote access applications to allow us to access your pc or laptop. We also will not ever ask you to remove login two-factor authentication or other account security settings.
- Always keep your devices like PC, laptop and mobile phone protected with anti-virus software.
- If you receive a Bullex Support email from any other address besides [email protected], DO NOT click it and delete it at once as they are not legitimately from Bullex Support and should not be trusted.